Why Choose ESI?
Egress Systems, Inc.
Serving Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, and Delaware Counties in Southeastern PA
and Central and Southern New Jersey
Why choose Egress Systems, Inc.?
Below are some of the differences that set Egress Systems, Inc. apart from our competitors. Simply stated...
"We install the best wells, and the best doors at the best price."
Egress Systems, Inc.
- Our name says it all! Egress Systems, Inc. installs egress systems - this is what we do -
and we do it better than anyone else.
- We are not a general contractor who does this as a part-time venture.
Or a contractor who has "done a couple." And conversely, we are not a
production oriented company who "slams in" two egress systems per day.
- We perform the installation in one day; however,
it is usually a 10 - 12 hour day. We take our time and we do it right.
All of our customers and their particular installations are given
individual consideration. During the egress installation,
we protect and preserve the customer's property.
Our strongest attribute is our attention to detail.
- We offer "one stop shopping" to our customers. Of course, we
install the egress system. If you have a finished basement - we
will refinish the area at the newly installed egress window. If you
have a sump pump pit with no sump pump - we will install one for you,
or choose our "under-the-sink" pump instead. There
is no need to hire additional contractors.
- We offer you a variety of six different, very attractive, egress
wells which are available in two colors. That is twelve different
egress well options from which to choose to best match your decor.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" egress system that other people offer.
- The egress wells are manufactured by the two most reputable egress
well manufacturers in the country - Wellcraft® and Rockwell®. All of our
egress wells and covers are made in the right here, in the USA. These two
companies make the strongest, safest, most attractive egress systems available.
- Our Wellcraft® egress wells molded from polyethylene. Polyethylene
is the polymer produced by the polymerization of ethyleneis. It is type of
plastic that virtually nothing can adhere to. Therefore, it will not
discolor, it will not stain. Mold and mildew cannot attach themselves
to grow upon the surface. Even spider webs cannot take hold.
- There are four distinctly different Wellcraft® egress wells from
which to choose. Two are molded to form a single piece well. One model
is a very versatile, adjustable, multi-piece egress well that interlocks
around the circumference of the unit with a 7" overlap which does not
compromise the structural integrity of the well and provides a water tight seal.
It is our best selling system. The last one is the largest, three piece,
double walled, planter well. Because of its style and shape exiting the
well is as easy as walking up your stairs and it can be used to bring
large items in and out of the basement.
- Our Rockwell® egress wells are made of fiberglass. They are
created to look and feel just like real stone. They have tones and textures
just like real stone. They actually get better looking with age.
- Everyone knows that an "arch" is the strongest shape for
supporting weight. Our Wellcraft® and Rockwell® egress window wells are
in the shape of an arch, unlike most of our competitors whose wells are square.
- The mounting flanges and hardware for the Wellcraft® and Rockwell®
egress window wells are on the exterior of the well, hidden from view.
- Both Wellcraft® and Rockwell® utilize polycarbonate egress window
well covers which completely cover the well. They are designed to prevent
water from entering the window well. They can also support up to 500 pounds!
- The windows that we install are not some "no-name", "off" brand.
They are made by Jeld-Wen® Windows and Doors who have been in business since 1960.
They are considered largest window and door manufacturer in the world.
- If your interest is in an egress door, we install genuine PermEntry® stairs
with genuine Bilco® doors. Why settle for substitutes - we install only the best.
- Our product warranties include: a Lifetime Warranty
for Jeld-Wen® windows; a Lifetime Warranty for
Wellcraft® wells and covers; a 10 Year Warranty
for Rockwell® wells and covers; and a 5 Year Warranty for Bilco Doors.
- The preceding items are regarding the products that we install. To see the
method of one of our egress system installations in more detail, take a
look at our installation process.
- Some of our competitors use square wells which do not
offer the strength and support of an arch-shaped well. The ground
exerts pressure on the sides, especially during freezing and thawing
cycles, can overpower the well and could jeopardize the integrity of the well.
- Some of our competitor's square wells "snap" together at the
corners which are weak points that water will infiltrate, freeze,
and force the "snapped" together pieces apart and could cause a structural failure of the well.
- Some of our competitors offer concrete wells. They are plain and
somewhat sterile looking. Also, these concrete wells are porous which allows
dirt to accumulate and mold to grow, especially in the corners.
- I have heard it said that concrete lasts "forever." If it does last "forever",
why won't they give you a "forever" warranty?
- Some of our competitor's covers have virtually no structural integrity.
They cannot even prevent a child from falling through the plastic cover and down into the egress well.
- These particular covers actually direct rain water into the well!
So every time that it rains, you are assured to have water inside your new egress well.
- Also, their covers do not fully cover the wells, especially
at the front edge. This will allow mice, toads, snakes, etc.
seeking shelter to enter the well and become trapped for you to remove after they die.
- Very often, their covers "cut through" the middle of the
window which distorts your view and prevents the window from opening outward.
In an emergency, you would want the window to open in the same direction that you are going.
- Some of our competitors use "no-name", generic brand windows purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.
- Some of our competitors offer casement windows that open inward. This
not only goes against your direction of travel in an emergency; it also
means that you cannot open the window for fresh air without the glass window
pane sticking out into the room where it can injure someone. None of the
other windows in your house open into the rooms!
- Some of our competitors do not remove the dirt that they dig up when
installing your well, leaving you with a pile of dirt in your yard; or they charge you extra to remove the dirt.
- Some of our competitors bury the concrete block in the excavated hole
rather than hauling it away. I would hate to see the damage that would
result if the freeze and thaw cycle caused that concrete block to heave upwards.
- Some of our competitors use your excavated dirt to backfill the egress system.
The biggest concern is how do you compact the dirt that is directly under
the wells or stairs? The answer is that achieving compaction directly under
the wells or stairs is impossible. This will leave a huge void (air pocket)
directly under the well or stairs and the entire weight of the wells or
stairs ends up hanging from your foundation wall putting undue stresses on your house.
- Some of our competitors do not install drains within the egress wells.
A drain is mandatory. You don't have to take my word for it, go to
any egress systems manufacturer's website and look at the installation instructions.
- Once again, please check out our installation process
to see the details that set us apart from our competitors.